Sunday 8 May 2016

Who would be the audience for your media product?

Who would be the audience for your media product?

 The audience for my magazine will be young adults as the genre I have choose is Rap and this type of music usually contains explicit language and content, also the artists associated with this type of music are usually linked to violence, drugs and crime and their lyrics usually reflect this therefore I would not want my target audience to be any younger the 17. Also the findings from my questionnaire showed me that people between the age of 18-24 preferred Rap music and I took this into consideration when making my magazine and I made sure to include things that would appeal to that specific age group such as names of other famous artists that are usually appealing to that age group.  I think my contents page and double page is representative of my audience as they follow the colour scheme of black and red, they are also easy to understand and read therefore this is suitable for my audience.
Audience is a vital element to take into consideration when designing a magazine as certain things only appeal to certain age groups for example the genre that I have chosen to represent in my magazine will not be suitable to elderly people as they most likely do not enjoy that type of music. However as I am distributing my magazine via a large company means that anyone and everyone will have access to my magazine, for this reason I will make sure not to use too much colloquial language and also I will make sure not to have inappropriate language as younger people may want to read my magazine as well. The double page is the main page that is specific to young adults as it is an interview with a rap star that only certain generations will know, however I made sure to include a small paragraph on the Rappers life so that can become somewhat informed about the rapper.

No comments:

Post a Comment